Wednesday, January 22, 2014

NEW DISCOVERIES (VII)

It is said that "Pain changes people". I don't know whether I have changed or not but I have learnt a lot and the list of what all I have learnt is endless-  how to play, how to read, how to write, how to love, how to cry, how to laugh, how to Live.   

- I developed the special love for games- Ludo, Monopoly, Age of Empires, Sudoku, Wordament and the list goes on. I lived my childhood again with these games.  We used to have competitions amongst ourselves and friends, at my home. Fighting for colours in ludo, connecting laptops through LAN for Age of empires, speed rounds for Sudoku and wordament and bets on Monopoly and poker, special soup, tea and coffee breaks in between and the whole day used to pass like an hour. I realised that age is no bar for doing anything.

“Childhood”- we say childhood is the best time of our life. But I wonder that why we realize it when we have become adults. When I was a child I always wanted to be a grown-up and lead the life the way I want to. And now I am an adult I want to go back to my childhood. And I think when I will be old I want to go back to my 20s. I feel each stage of life is pleasant. It’s about LIVING.

- Books became my best friends- they have no expectations and no demands (as rightly said). They are the best way to pass the time and they provide insight into so many things. I cried with them, laughed with them , loved with them and travelled with them. 

  • "It's not about how to achieve your dreams. It's about how to lead your life."-The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. This book and his last lecture video actually led me to tears. This book was one of the best gifts I had ever got.

  • There was something in this book “I Am another You by Priya Kumar”. Something to learn in every chapter, in every page, in every paragraph and in every sentence. The miracles or coincidences (I am not sure) which I had gone through reading this book, left me spellbound.

  • 'It all comes down to who's by your side ' - A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I think I cried more while reading this book than while watching the movie!

  • "Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: if you 're alive,it isn't. " - Richard Bach, Illusions.

With every book there was a story attached, with every book I learnt something.


And there is still,
so much to hear (music)
so much to experience (this world)
so much to write (feelings)
so much to study (theories)
so much to know, understand, love (people)
And there is still so much to do!!!

I realised that life is too short and there is still so much I can do, so much I want to do.  There is never an end. Life is too short to cry on little things. Everything is planned. And everything is written. What is bound to happen, happens. There is no need of long future planning. What is important is to remain happy in present and just plan the near future to achieve that target of happiness. 

We were born without a reason
We live without a reason
And one day we’ll die without a reason
So better to remain happy without a reason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...