Sunday, January 26, 2014

MY TRESSES (IX)

I started losing my hair after the second cycle of chemotherapy, and eventually the eyebrows and the eyelashes. The day my hair started shedding I cried a lot. It was really horrifying when I combed my hair and I got a bunch in my hand. My heartbeat almost stopped for a second. Everyday shedding of hair was quite irritating and my doctor suggested me to get my head shaved (it was the good suggestion). Shedding of eyebrows and eyelashes was a slow process and I probably lost all after the fifth cycle. Loss of eyelashes is little painful for the eyes with persistent irritation.

In due time I realised that being without hair is quite comfortable (except for the beauty part). There is no tension of washing, combing, setting and always dandruff free. Just wear the hat and I am ready for any outing. I have got various caps and hats, separate for summers and winters and of various colours- black, blue, sea blue, red and a wig too for special outings (though the wig is little irritating). With my long little face my family say that without hair I look like a new born baby.

I often used to joke around in my home regarding my baldness. One day our whole family was sitting together, chit-chatting. My brother always used to caress my head. That day I suddenly shouted at him and said " saare baal kharab kar diye" (you have spoilt my hair). For a second he became scared, rather everybody became scared and then the whole house burst into laughter.

On another day I created havoc in my home regarding my hair straightener and my mother in a haste, leaving all her work started looking for the same. I was smiling inside. While looking for the same in my closets my mother realised it and gave me a smirk and went again in kitchen.

Christmas outing at Hauz Khas village, all four of us, me at extreme left with my wig on.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...