Sunday, January 19, 2014

MY BIRTHDAY! (V)

The clock struck midnight and my birthday started- 31st August 2013. At that time my radiotherapy got over and chemo had not yet started. My elder sister, Mansi and younger bro-sis, twins- Madhur and Vani made me dressed well, with my favourite orange tank top and blue parallels on (it was 11.30 at night and I was all dressing up :-) ). I knew something was going on in their minds.  I was sitting downstairs in the living room and at 12 they told me to go to my room.  At that time I understood that there was some surprise in store for me. But to my amazement there was series of surprises. 

I entered the room, all lights were switched off, in one corner there was my favourite chocolate cake with candles on it, shining and sparkling and in another corner a beautiful earthenware lamp shade emitting the soothing yellow orange light. The room was looking divine. It was almost after 7 years that we all were together (as in my whole family together otherwise someone used to be out of station always) on my birthday. I cut the cake and had chocolate facial also ;-). 

The surprise did not end there. There was this whole treasure hunt game for gifts.  game in which I had to find hidden gifts by means of a series of clues. First clue to find the gift and after finding one more clue to guess the gift. In case I guessed wrong I was not allowed to open the gift. In total there were 15 gifts and all my best ones- the ones which  I needed (novels, kajal, nail paints etc) and the ones which describe me  the best (a smiley cushion, my favourite brand of shampoo, even the toothbrush and a toy truck to show my insanity and love for driving) . We all slept at 5 in morning that day.  I had an amazing time.






The next morning I was deep asleep (as we all slept at 5 that day) and my phone and the house door bell started ringing continuously:

Still rubbing my eyes
I got up from deep sleep
My phone buzzing and the doorbell ringing continuously
I opened the door in haste
Wondering who was it
There was he, the courier guy
My eyes were then widely opened
He handed over those roses,
Beautiful, still covered in dew,
Pink and white roses
And the cake,
Covered in chocolate and pineapple cream,
I jumped on my toes and
Was about to hug that courier guy 


After that night surprises, this was the icing on the cake. This another surprise from my friend Anurag made my morning (I need a separate page to write about him which will follow soon).  





In the night we all four siblings went out to party at Tryst Music Cafe in Saket. I had a gala time. I was very happy and high on life.

Sometimes you get so high in life that even a virgin mary hits you! ;-)

This was the best birthday I ever had.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...