Monday, August 23, 2021

STORY

I took a corner table from where I could see the whole place. I was alone. A friend of mine works in that café and he was coming now and then to my table to talk to me. I ordered a beer for myself and fish fingers, my favourite. It was a weekday, music was loud and few tables were occupied. 


When you sit alone, lot of stories keep coming to your mind. As I saw around the café, on one table there was a big family sitting with grandparents , parents and kids, all of them were having gala time together. On another table a couple was sitting with their small kid. Rather than noticing the place, they were engrossed in their cute kid making his small feet tap on the table, trying to make him dance. Few kids were dancing on the DJ floor with parents making their videos. On another side a party was going on with all the youngsters shouting and dancing. It was somebody's birthday I suppose. On each table, in every corner there was a different story. 


I realised that all of us are in some way or the other a part of a story. A happy story or a sad story, a love story or a travel story, story of a voyage or story of a return, comedy or a tragic story. We all are part of these small stories and ultimately a bigger larger story called life.

--------

Nancy









No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...