Thursday, December 3, 2015

KASOL- DAY 3 (XLII)

Day 3

The day started with breakfast and the river view
Alpine cafe, mountains and the sky which was bright blue

I started my trek for Chalal
reaching there in half an hour

Wondering what to do next
I met a group of people who suggested to go to Rasol
which was a two hours trek

I joined them in their venture
And when they stopped in between
Bidding them goodbye, I continued with my own adventure

Two hours passed and I couldn't see any sign
I met a group of villagers who told me
it would take another two hours, but I would be fine
We walked together till the half way, talking in sign language
Washing face in waterfalls, drinking water as I was carrying no sandwich

The mountain was getting steeper
And I started losing patience
Alone, empty stomach and the fear of unknown
Pain started in my leg bone
But there was no looking back now
I had to reach Rasol somehow

Finally I reached my destination
and for me it became a pure celebration

I hogged on food like I hadn't eaten in days
Paranthas, Maggie, chai and the lays

When the stomach got full
my mind started working
No stamina to retreat
Yes! a new guest house- I started searching

Exploring the village Rasol and climbing further
I found a guest house with the name Dola Ram
Mr Dola Ram being the owner and Ramesh the caretaker

With the snow covered mountain peaks
the view was spectacular
It was worth a trek
and I realised that's how life is of a traveller

It was chilling cold there at the top
I could see the clouds moving in my lap
and suddenly I felt a rain drop

Ramesh immediately moved the bonfire inside the kitchen room
Cooked delicious omelette and tea
Talked about his two children
and the story of how he became a groom

Rains became heavier
We chatted with the TV on
I retreated to my room
thinking what was next from thereon

Tired but unable to sleep
I grabbed my book "Into The Wild"
As if it was my story
I read and smiled

It was an amazing day 
by all means
And I didn't realise
when I went into the deep dreams.

bridge to cross Parvati River- Way to Chalal
way to Rasol
Trek
Beauty


Mr Ramesh
View from my Room- Dola Ram Guest house
Waterfall- A village man whom I requested to take my picture and he became quite  excited after  holding the camera
View from Om Cafe where I had paranthas and maggie
Way to Rasol
The fellow villagers 
The fellow villagers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...