Wednesday, March 5, 2014

ME MYSELF! (XIII)

Today I went to the hospital after a month for my port flushing. I entered that place and the past came flashing towards me. The nine months which I had spent there were in front of my eyes. Suddenly I had that feel of an achievement, the feel of the open air and a little water in my eyes.   

In morning when I was leaving the house, I remembered the face of a girl (must be of my age, around 26-27) whom I saw in the hospital in the month of June. Bald and beautiful, wearing a kurta, with long earrings, sipping a coffee, smile on her face and she was carrying an amazing aura. Whenever I was dejected and helpless I used to memorise her face. That gave me strength. She became an inspiration for me. I decided to be the same for others. So rather than wearing my loose pyjamas and a wig, I put on my black leggings and my favourite mehroon woollen kurta with the kajal on eyes. I decided not to wear wig or any scarf or hat. Smiling as always, I entered the hospital and I could feel people looking at me with admiration. I was feeling good about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...