Thursday, January 20, 2022

ARAINA- Part (iv)

  (ARAINA is a new series I have come up with. Do share your views as to how you feel about Araina. Happy reading)

Link to Part (iii)

 

“I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Don’t know where it goes, but it’s home to me, and I walk alone.” Daksh played this song from Green Day and Araina jumped on the dance floor to dance on it. Toby laughed. Toby had never danced, but he liked watching Araina dancing. The song got over and Araina came back to Toby humming the song. By this time the café was totally full and Daksh had already increased the volume of the speakers. “I love this song, Toby”, Araina screamed in Toby ears. Toby smiled and nodded. “Let’s go out in the balcony”, Araina suggested and Toby agreed. 
 
“I want to be alone, Toby”, Araina said. “What?”, Toby replied in shock and picked his glass and started moving. “No, no, I want to be alone but not now”, Araina explained.  “I want to be alone and sing loud, scream loud and cry loud.  I want to be alone and put the speakers on full volume and my TV on no volume. I want to be alone and cook whatever I want and be hungry whenever I want. I want to be alone and take out all my stuff and make my house messy. I want to be alone and roam unclothed in house, naked in soul, naked in spirit, naked in mind. I want to be alone and fly and enjoy the freedom of being independent and dependent on none.” 

“Oh! That’s what you are already doing”, Toby exclaimed. Araina became quiet for sometime and started thinking. She wanted money and she got a good job. She wanted love and she got good family and friends. She wanted freedom and God gifted her that on birth itself. She wanted identity, affection, understanding, leisure and creation and God bestowed excess of everything to her. She had everything but still felt that she didn’t have all and while thinking she realized that there lied no answer as to what she wanted. She could never be content without her own will and consent. “Let’s grab one more drink”, Araina told Toby. “No! No! You already had enough. You have started talking in poetry and rap form now”, and while saying this Toby started laughing. “Huh!”, Araina jerked her neck and started moving towards the bar. Toby smiled and followed her.
 
“Do you remember our trip to Jim Corbett?”, Araina asked. “Of course. That one trip in which you didn’t go alone and preferred to take me along. I am still so grateful to you for that”, Toby answered with folded hands and a smirk. Araina laughed. “It was a fun trip. You already know my experiences with other people. I don’t like people who on a trip sit inside the hotel room and watch television or those people who turned out to be very unhygienic. I usually like to travel solo. But I must say Toby, before you get married to any girl, have atleast one trip with her. You get to know in and out of a person on a trip. It is on a trip that a person is out of his comfort zone and you could easily decipher whether you could spend your life with that person or not.” “I got your point Madam Araina. Shall we now leave the bar for others?”, Toby replied and pointed Araina to move towards the balcony.

to be continued...

2 comments:

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...