Sunday, June 14, 2015

VIBRANT AND COLOURFUL- RAAHGIRI, CONNAUGHT PLACE (XXXI)

14th June, 2015

Raahgiri Day, meaning a day for passengers. I was hearing about this since long and today finally I got the chance to be there. It was 7 O' clock in morning when I entered Connaught Place, Delhi. Raahgiri is organised in inner circle of Connaught Place and outer circle is for parking. It was raining cats and dogs and to my amazement there was no parking space in outer circle. Seeing the parking I got to know that this place has something in it- something which attracted people even in that weather.



I finally parked my car, carried my umbrella and entered Inner Circle. I saw people all drenched in water, only few of them carrying umbrellas - dancing and walking, laughing, singing, cycling, playing, music coming from all directions. It was so vibrant and so colourful. I folded my umbrella and opened myself to the rains.

People playing football

Some spiritual music and dance

Colours













I haven't imagined Connaught Place, or I would say Delhi like this before. This is the place where different music forms and different dance forms exist, a place where all kind of people are present,  a place where existing love could flourish and new love could be found, a place where everyone is high- high on LIFE.

Chai Wala 

Jam session by Djembefola United and my friend Tushar playing Congo Bongo on extreme left 

Tushar 

















































Tag line of Raahgiri is "Apni Raahein. Apni Azaadi"- a line which truly suits this place where everyone is FREE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ARAMBOL, GOA- A PERFECT SOLITUDE(XLIX)

18th December, 2015- 26th December, 2015 A beach of dreamers, where freedom touches my feet,  where love flourishes and love message...